This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.
Panel 1: Employment creation for youth in the agricultural sectorThis panel shared data on youth employment in the agricultural sector and will bring various perspectives from research, policy and practice and define key actions to be taken to support youth in agribusiness.
- Experiences of youth going into agriculture: main drivers of success Betty Wampfler (see picture), Deputy Director, IRC /Supagro, France
- Promoting innovation and entrepreneurship through incubation Peter Kuria Githinji, Director Business Development and Partnerships, African Agribusiness Incubators Network (AAIN), Ghana
- Improving financial inclusion of Youth through ICTs Gerald Otim, Founder and Chief operating officer, Ensibuuko, Uganda
Panel 2: Young farmers and entrepreneurs: successes and opportunities ahead.
- Youth Participation in agro-processing in Malawi Maness Ngoma Nkhata, Lakeshore Agro-ProcessingEnterprise (LAPE), Malawi
- E-commerce opportunities for farmers Bertrand Foffe, founder Jangolo Farm, Cameroun
- Improved agricultural information access through ICTs Patrick Sakyi, Expert mobile commerce business, Farmerline, Ghana