This post was originally published at The Most Reliable Agricultural Blog. and has been republished with permission.
Here is where you are needed:
Do you know the current price of a ton of cashew in Nigeria?
Why is cashew this valuable?
- Cashew is the bank of nutrients: Yes! I said bank of nutrients. It’s popularly said that an apple a day keeps the doctor away; this is true to some extent but trust me cashew does more than that. Cashew contains all the vitamins the body needs to function optimally and prevent diseases; also minerals and protein are highly concentrated in massive quantity in cashew. Cashew contains essential minerals like copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium and zinc. All these minerals play active role in the proper functioning of the body. Cashew is a rich source of vitamins and protein for healthy growth; eating cashew daily makes you healthy and prevents you from diseases. If you are a health conscious person, then you will understand why cashew should be present in your household.
- Cashew prevents heart diseases.
- Cashew prevents gallstone.
- The zinc in cashew is very important for pregnant women as it helps to maintain stable health status of the child. It also helps in healing wound.
- Cashew reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Cashew contains magnesium; this helps to maintain optimum blood level, boost immune system and keep the bone strong.
- Cashew seed oil is used for cracked heels treatment
- Powdered cashew seeds have anti-venom effects, used for treating snake bites.
- Gum from cashew stem can be used as varnish for woodwork and paper making.
- Cashew fruit can be used to treat infant sore mouth.
- Cashew apple juice serves as an ointment for aches of rheumatism and neuralgia.
- Cashew fruit has anti-bacterial properties and can be used to treat stomach ulcers.
- Cashew juice is rich in vitamin C; it has anti-scurvy effects and widely used in cosmetic industry for the production of various creams and shampoos.