Deadline: September 15, 2017
The West African Research Council (WARC) provides travel grant opportunities for researchers from West Africa.
The WARC Travel Grant promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions on the continent. This competition is open only to West African nationals, with preference given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions. Travel grant funds may be used to:
1) attend and present papers at academic conferences relevant to the applicant’s field of research;
2) visit libraries or archives that contain resources necessary to the applicant’s current academic work;
3) engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another institution; 4) travel to a research site.
- An online application
- A brief (50-80 word) abstract of the activity to be funded, beginning with a clear statement of purpose
- A description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) of the applicant’s research and how the proposed travel is relevant to this work. This should be presented in language understandable to non-specialist readers
- A curriculum vitae with research and teaching record when relevant
- If attending a conference, an abstract of the paper to be read and a letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution, an invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials, a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- For graduate students, a letter of recommendation by the professor overseeing their research
- Proof of West-African citizenship in the form of a photocopy of the applicant’s passport
- Travel Costs of up to $1500
- Stipend of up to $1500
For more information and inquiries, visit the WARC Travel Grant information page
This post was originally published at My Animal, My Health and has been republished with permission.