This post was originally published at My Animal, My Health and has been republished with permission.
If you are well experienced in animal management or livestock farming, then you definitely understand the full impact and importance of vaccination. Vaccination in simple terms means to administer a vaccine that will provide immunity or prevent an infection in humans or animals, while a vaccine is an “antigenic substance prepared from the causative agent of a disease or a synthetic substitute, used to provide immunity against one or several diseases”. Vaccination has many advantages, some of which include the following;
- Vaccination is mostly less complicated and cheaper (cost-effective) to administer compared to actually having to treat an animal for a disease.
- Vaccination preserves the life of your animals and maintains the quality of their life.
- Vaccination is a key biosecurity measure that keeps you rest assured that your animals are safeguarded against any infection or epidemic.
- Vaccination may improve the efficiency of conversion of food and water into animal proteins and other essential nutrients
- Vaccination stimulates the animal’s own defence system and prepares the animal to better resist the impact of a pathogenic microorganism it may encounter later in life.
Based on popular demand, we are presenting vaccination template for poultry farms, specifically for commercial layers. We will keep you updated on subsequent articles for vaccination programs for dogs, cats, cattle etc.
Please note that vaccination regimes may vary slightly from farm to farm and from region to region. It is left for you to do a proper research on what works best for your farm’s climate Also, note that broilers can use this vaccination regimen but their vaccination can end on day 24 or 27 since they don’t typically stay too long on the farm before being sold of as chicken meat for consumption.
If you have questions or inquirie on this vaccination programs, don’t forget to contact us via email on email@example.com or just call/whatsapp us on +2348120320647.
|DAYS||WEEKS||VACCINE/MEDICATION||ROUTES OF ADMINISTRATION|
|Hatch day||Marek’s||At hatchery|
|Day 1||1||Infectious bronchitis||Spraying|
|Day 1-5||1||Antibiotics +vitamin||Water solution|
|Day 8||2||1st IBD Gumbo L||Water solution or Eyes|
|Day 10||2||ND+IBD killed(0.2ml)||Subcutaneous|
|Day 12||2||ND and Infectious bronchitis (variant)||Water solution|
|Day 15||3||2nd IBD ( Cevac IBDL)||Water solution or Eyes|
|Day 21||4||3rd IBD||Water solution|
|Day 27||4||Tylodox 5/7||Water solution|
|Day 42||7||Infectious bronchitis||Oral|
|Day 54||8||Fowl pox||Wing web|
|Day 61||9||Deworming||Water solution|
|Day 70||10||Infectious bronchitis|
|Day 73||11||Deworming||Water solution|
|Day 82||12||Tylodox 5/7||Water solution|
|Day 84||12||Debeaking||Water solution|
|Day 112||16||ND +IB+EDS||Intramuscular|
|Day 117||17||Antibiotics||Water solution|