9-11 October 2017. Maputo, Mozambique. The East and Southern Africa Fertilizer Agribusiness Conference. This Conference is a collaboration between CRU Events and The African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP).
The conference sessions centered on how partnership, investment and innovation can boost fertilizer trade and allow agribusiness to flourish in this region.
- Rhoda Peace Tumusiime, (see picture left) Former Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture, African Union
- Sindiso Ndema Ngwenya, (see picture right) Secretary General, Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- José Condugua António Pacheco, Minister of Agriculture and Food Security, Government of
- Anas Al-Bassam, Marketing, Sales & Outbound Logistics Director, Ma’aden
Moderator: Patrick Heffer, Senior Director, Agriculture Service, IFA
- Imane Belrhiti, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, OCP Africa
- Pierre Brunache, Chief Agribusiness Officer, The African Fertilizer Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP)
- Shamie Zingore, Regional Director, sub-Saharan Africa, IPNI Understanding African Soil and its nutrient needs
- Lilian Wanjiru Mbuthia, Senior Agronomist, Eastern Africa, ICL Innovation in fertilizer and agribusiness
Harmonization of fertilizer regulations and policies
Quality testing and enforcement of standards
Subsidization strategies to achieve yield results
Moderator: Maria Wanzala, (see picture) Chief Policy Officer, The African Fertilizer Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP)
- Dereje Biruk, Senior Director, Agricultural Transformation Agency
- Carlos Zandamela, President, Mozambican Association for Fertilizers (AMOFERT)
- George Magai, Director of Trade and Markets, Alliance for Commodity Trade in East and Southern Africa (ACTESA)
- Dr. Mshindo Msolla, Chairman, Tanzania Fertilizer Regulation Authority
West Africa Fertilizer Agribusiness Conference Video
This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.