25 to 27 July 2018. Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt. The African Union Inter-African Bureau for Animal Resources organized the Pan African Conference for the African Youth in Livestock, Fisheries and Aquaculture Incubators Network (AYL-FAIN).
His Excellency Prof Dr. Ezz El Din Abostate, Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation for
Egypt opened the conference and also launched the following networks/associations:
- Association of Veterinary Education Establishments (2A2E-V)
- Association of African Veterinary Statutory Bodies (2AVSB)
- African youth in livestock, fisheries and aquaculture incubation network (AYL-FAIN)
- African women in animal resources farming and agribusiness network (AWARFA-N)
The Conference Elected 13 Continental AYL-FAIN Executive Board Members of 8 elected executive members [President, Mr. Jean Baptiste Hategimana (see picture) (Rwanda), Vice President, Mr. Divine Ntiokam (see video) (Cameroon).
STRENGTHENING BUSINESSSUPPORT SERVICES FORAGRIBUSINESS PARTNERSHIPS (2017, 47 pages)
- “Strengthening Business Support Services for Agribusiness Partnerships” is the second in a series of 2SCALE thematic papers.
- The Netherlands-funded 2SCALE program is an incubator for inclusive agribusiness that aims to improve rural livelihoods and food and nutrition security across nine sub-Saharan countries. 2SCALE offers a range of support services to private partners – companies and farmer groups – enabling them to produce, transform, and supply quality food products to local, national, and regional end-user markets, including base-of-thepyramid (low-income) consumers.