This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.
26-27 September 2017. Lleida, Spain. Knowledge Management and Communication in Food Security and Agriculture discussed in Spain at the occasion of the Plant Inter Cluster meeting. Organised by Caast-net plus.
Representatives from research centres, farmer organisations, agricultural companies, universities, start ups and small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) attended the fourth CAAST-Net Plus workshop on the Knowledge Management and Communication and Communication System (KMCS) Initiative.
- Highlight cases of existing portals and actors in Africa and Europe in the field of FNSSA (Food, Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture);
- Identify the methodological/technical needs for a joint Africa-EU KMCS;
- Identify communication gaps between existing portals and amongst actors of the FNSSA value chains;
- Identify best practice methods and principals for knowledge sharing and communication strategies for
- research uptake; and,
- Explore tangible long-term options for the implementation of a joint Africa-EU KMCS.
Previous consultations took place in South Africa, Namibia and Egypt between 2016 and 2017. Findings from the consultations will be encapsulated into a blueprint which will be presented in October 2017 to African and European policymakers, including the Bureau of the EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue, the European Commission and the African Union Commission.
- Agenda: KMCS Workshop, Spain 26-27 September 2017 PDF | 453.04Kb
- Concept Note: Africa-EU KMCS Initiative PDF | 142.22Kb
- Invitation: CAAST-Net Plus KMCS Workshop, Spain 26-27 September 2017 PDF | 74.3Kb
The Networking event targeted a wide spectrum of companies, clusters, universities, research centers and end users, from Europe and South America related to plant production.