Participants took stock of current trade policy’s contribution to the economic empowerment of women, raise awareness of gender issues in trade, and considered how trade can promote the advancement of gender equality through a combination of multi-stakeholder engagement and a progressive approach to sustainable development.
- Amina Mohamed, Cabinet Secretary for Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Kenya
- François-Philippe Champagne, Minister of International Trade, Canada
- Roberto Azevêdo, Director General, World Trade Organization, Switzerland
- Jennifer Gallegos, Vice President of Development, International Women’s Coffee Alliance, USA
- Monique Nsanzabaganwa, Chairperson of New Faces, New Voices, Rwanda Chapter; Vice Governor of the National Bank of Rwanda
- Maria Shaw-Barragan, Head of Global Partners Operations, European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
- Monica Musonda, CEO, Java Foods, Zambia
- Deniz Duygu, Secretary General, Arya Women Investment Platform, Turkey (TBC)
- Sanem Oktar, President, KAGIDER, Turkey
- Chiedza Makonnen, CEO, Afrodisiac Worldwide, Ghana
- Malini Patel, Vice President of Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship, Vital Voices Global Partnership, USA
- Klaus Rudischhauser, Deputy Director General, Directorate General for International Cooperation and Development, European Commission, Belgium
This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.