This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.
23 August, 2017. Stockholm Sweden. Climate-smart agriculture with its focus on sustainable resource management and rural development are frequently mentioned among the solutions for creating prosperous societies. However, how exactly do we apply and combine these tools? These are the questions which were discussed at a seminar, jointly organized by IFAD , the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and SIANI.
The seminar included a speech by Gilbert Huongbo, President of the International Fund for Agricultural Development, IFAD.
Welcoming remarks: Ulrika Modéer, State Secretary to the Minister for International Development Cooperation
Keynote speech: Gilbert Houngbo, President International Fund for Agricultural Development, IFAD.
- Ola Möller, Senior Policy Specialist, Agriculture and Food Security Policy Support Unit, Sida;
- Ylva Hillbur, Vice Chancellor for International Relations, Swedish University for Agricultural Sciences, SLU;
- Kathrine Löfberg, Chairman of Board, Löfbergs Lila AB;
- Lennart Ackzell, International Secretary, Swedish Farmers Federation, LRF;
- Atakilte Beyene, Senior Researcher, Nordic Africa Institute, NAI.