8–9 November 2017. Brussels, Belgium. The 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Coalition of European Lobbies for Eastern African Pastoralism (CELEP) was organised by VSF-Belgium.
- While working with nomads in Northern Kenia since 2012 up4change discovered that pastoralists use mobile technology with ease and
up4change became a
new member of CELEP
- Based on this experience up4change started to deploy newest tablet PCs for educational programs which integrate videos and other rich media content relying on tablet-based eBooks as a learning tool.
- eeem.org makes the best use of technological progress and indispensable social skills of people.
- It educates barefoot teachers to become multipliers. They will spread mobile multimedia learning approaches to more people and will also document their educational progress.
The eBooks cover a large variety of situations, sceneries and tasks of nomads’ everyday life, such as:
- Manyatta – the village
- Fora – grazing zone
- Market – buying and selling
- Town – scratch cards, M-Pesa and buying goods
- Animal Health – symptoms, diseases and treatment
- Drought Resilience – preparation and protection
- Alternative Livelihoods – banking, fish and hay
- Celebrations and Conflicts
Related: go to http://www.eeem.org/pilot-proj
This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.