This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.
8–9 November 2017. Brussels, Belgium. The 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Coalition of European Lobbies for Eastern African Pastoralism (CELEP) was organised by VSF-Belgium.
- While working with nomads in Northern Kenia since 2012 up4change discovered that pastoralists use mobile technology with ease and
up4change became a
new member of CELEP
- Based on this experience up4change started to deploy newest tablet PCs for educational programs which integrate videos and other rich media content relying on tablet-based eBooks as a learning tool.
- eeem.org makes the best use of technological progress and indispensable social skills of people.
- It educates barefoot teachers to become multipliers. They will spread mobile multimedia learning approaches to more people and will also document their educational progress.
The eBooks cover a large variety of situations, sceneries and tasks of nomads’ everyday life, such as:
- Manyatta – the village
- Fora – grazing zone
- Market – buying and selling
- Town – scratch cards, M-Pesa and buying goods
- Animal Health – symptoms, diseases and treatment
- Drought Resilience – preparation and protection
- Alternative Livelihoods – banking, fish and hay
- Celebrations and Conflicts
Related: go to http://www.eeem.org/pilot-proj