This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.
20-21 March 2017. Abu Dhabi. Global forum for innovations in agriculture is an event to present solutions and inspire debate across all types of food production.
Held in strategic partnership with the Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority and supported by the Ministry of Presidential Affairs and Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, the GFIA conference featured speakers from around the world tackling five key challenges: climate-resilient crops; growing the aquaculture industry; future-proofing animal health; smallholder farmer development; and sustainable animal production.
Extracts of the programme:
- Precision irrigation for smarter decisions ; André Laperrière, Executive Director, Global Open
Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) Click here to view the presentation
- Latest updates and innovation in algae industry ; Vítor Verdelho Vieira (see picture), President, European Algae Biomass Association, Board member and Chief Development Officer, A4F-AlgaFuel and President, Necton Click here to view the presentation
- Financing Agricultural Innovations: The US Model ; Quintin Gray, Former Agriculture Counselor, U.S. Consulate in the UAE Click here to view the presentation
- Small farmers and big business: an unlikely marriage? Dr Christof Walter, Christof Walter Associates Click here to view the presentation
- Integrating smallholder farmers in the commercial value chain for sustainable food systems ; David Neven, Enterprise Development Officer, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Click here to view the presentation
- Reducing the need for and use of antimicrobials on the farm ; Dr. Hetty van Beers-Schreurs (see picture),Managing Director, The Netherlands Veterinary Medicines Authority (SDa) Click here to view the presentation
The GFIA-Europe will be held from 9-10 May 2017 at the Jaarbeurs Expo Centre in Utrecht, the Netherlands. The event will focus on practical applications and knowledge on Future Farming in horticulture, crops and livestock. The event is organised by Turret Media in cooperation with Proagrica (publisher of All About Feed, Farmers Weekly, Boerderij amongst others).