8-9 February 2017. Rome. The Global Forum for Agricultural Research held its annual meeting. The main roles of the Steering Committee are programmatic governance and executive governance although it also has a strategic role. It oversees the work of the GFAR Secretariat, and is assisted by the GFAR Secretariat in carrying out its tasks.
- Approve annual Programmes of Work and budget, prepared by GFAR Secretariat and ensure that donor funding is used judiciously.
- Make decisions on the allocation of resources to GFAR programmes and Partners based on transparency and impartiality, recognizing and avoiding any conflicts of interest among Steering Committee members.
- Approve the GFAR Annual Report, prepared by the Secretariat.
- A list of the representatives forming the new Steering Committee is available here.
- Learn more about the whole process of governance reform undertaken in 2015-2016 by the Partners in GFAR here.
- An extract from the GFAR Charter that sets out the background, composition and responsibilities of the Steering Committee is available by clicking here. (4 pages)
This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.