- At the third meeting of the High Level Policy Dialogue (HLPD) in April 2016 in Addis Ababa, senior officials adopted the Roadmap towards a jointly funded EU-Africa Research & Innovation Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture (FNSSA).
- The Roadmap outlines an implementation pathway as well as priorities for a joint developed research agenda, and was developed in the context of the Joint Africa-Europe Strategy (JAES) decided in 2007. These themes focus on: sustainable intensification, agriculture and food systems for nutrition, and expansion and improvement of agricultural markets and trade. Cross-cutting issues are also considered.
- Emerging from discussions with stakeholders, the Working Group was established by the HLPD Bureau to provide oversight over the implementation of the Partnership on FNSSA. In particular, the need for greater coordination between the different instruments, partners, and projects implementing the Roadmap was highlighted during discussions. Included in this coordination is the need for monitoring and evaluating (M&E) the implementation of the Roadmap. In the beginning, the Working Group will focus its activities on M&E.
- Roadmap (2016) 857 KB
- Roadmap for Food and Nutrition security and Sustainable Agriculture 481 KB
- EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation 2016 – Conclusions 383 KB
- EU – Africa R&I relations
- EN 177 KB
- EU – Africa cooperation in Food and Nutrition Security & Sustainable Agriculture
- EN 168 KB | FR 136 KB
- EU – Africa strategy (infographic) [EN] 213 KB
- Mapping of best practice regional and multi-country cooperative STI initiatives between Africa and Europe – identification of financial mechanism(s) 2008–2012
- EU-Africa High Level Policy Dialogue on Science, Technology and Innovation 2013 – Conclusions
- Role of STI to foster the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
22 – 23 February 2017. Brussels. Developing a future EU-Africa Research & Innovation Partnership
on climate change and energy
23-24 January 2017. Brussels. European Commission, DG Research and Innovation. A workshop was held on on EU-Africa R and I Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture.
This post was originally published at PAEPARD by François Stepman. It has been republished here with permission.