26 February – 2 March 2017. Paris Nord Villepinte, France.
28 February 2017, a conference entitled “Agricultural mechanisation in Africa: what strategy for progress?” Organized by AXEMA and SIMA, with the participation of the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), the European Agricultural Machinery Committee (CEMA), Bpifrance Export, FNCUMA, and the Pan African Farmers Organizations (PAFO).
- Josef KIENZLE, United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), Agricultural Engineer (see picture)
- Richard MARKWELL, European Agricultural Machinery Association (CEMA), President
- Ulrich ADAM, European Agricultural Machinery Association (CEMA), Secretary General
- Theo DE JAGER, Pan African Farmers Organisation (PAFO), President
- Ivan ALQUIER, Agricultural Equipment Cooperatives Federation (FNCUMA), CUMA Bénin Vice President
- Pedro NOVO, Head of the Bpifrance Export Finance Division
- and AGCO, Manitou Group, AIRINOV, etc
Feedback from entities operating in Africa contributed to this event aimed at African professionals (farmers, breeders) and exhibitors.
Related blog posts:
- 11 January 2017. Support of India to agricultural mechanization in Kenya
- 1 February 2017. “Transformer l’agriculture ouest-africaine par le développement de la mécanisation : quelles politiques publiques ?“.
- Publication: Food security in sub-Saharan Africa: a fresh look on agricultural mechanisation; how adapted financial solutions can make a difference
This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.