This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.
This Summit was organised in fulfilment of a manifesto pledge by H.E President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo Addo, President of the Republic of Ghana, to engage Ghanaians Living Abroad in the transformation of the political and socio-economic structure of Ghana.
The purpose of the Summit was:
- to bring the Ghanaian Diaspora together to dialogue on how to achieve the President’s vision of active participation by Diasporans in the economic development of the country and to fully integrate them into the political processes.
- The Summit also aimed to attract the full participation of Ghanaians Living Abroad in Private Enterprise by bringing them together with local businesses.
The Summit was divided into three areas:
- First Day: Entrepreneurial Ghana – Investment opportunities etc
- Second Day: Human Resource Marketplace – Employment opportunities etc.
- Third Day: Political Inclusion of the Ghanaian Diaspora – Ropal etc.
Keynote Speaker: H.E PRESIDENT AKUFO ADDO, PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF GHANA
OTHER SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- H.E. Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, Vice President.
- Mr. Ken Ofori-Atta, Finance Minister Mrs. Charlotte Osei, Chairperson – Electoral Commissioner
- Other Ministers,
- Captains of Industry and Banking. Leading and Successful Ghanaians Living Abroad and Returnees