This post was originally published at PAEPARD and has been republished with permission.
5 – 7 October 2017. Dar es Salaam. 7th African Grain Trade Summit (AGTS).
Extracts of the programme:
- Regional Trade Facilitation/B2B & Soybean Forum
- Regional Stakeholders Forum on Boosting Trade and Business Opportunities for Small Holder Farmers in Grains Value chain in Eastern Africa. (CTA session)
- Setting New Horizons: Rethinking Grain Trade for Food Security and Prosperity in Africa
- Doing Business in the African Grain Sector: Towards a New Policy for Agro-Industry and Grain Trade
- Climate change and Grain Trade: Examining the Nexus and exploring options for climate-friendly grain trade
- Agribusiness Risk Analysis and Decision Making
- Money Matters: Reshaping Financial Services for Grain Trade in Africa
- Embracing Public-Private Partnerships to strengthen Food Security
- Innovations and Technology for increased Grain Trade
- Farm to Fork: Building Sustainable Grain Value Chains to Meet Consumer Needs
Field Visits to: Port of Dar es Salaam, S. Bakhresa Ltd Grain Mills and IITA Aflasafe Field Demonstration