The Africa Education Initiative (NEF), Pennsylvania, USA, in collaboration with National Veterinary Research Institute (NVRI), VOM, Nigeria is now accepting applications for 2016 Summer Internship Program. Internship duration is from May 26, 2016 through Aug 27, 2016.
About the Programme
NEF and NVRI are strongly committed to the advancement of science in Africa. They offer internship opportunities that further expose and prepare students for the industry while enhancing their technical and research abilities.
Past Interns found their internship experience challenging, interesting, and career enhancing.
Awardees have the opportunity to:
- Explore research methodology and conduct research in an area compatible with the interest of the NVRI.
- Work with the state-or-the-art research facilities.
- Devote full-time effort to research and publication.
- Access the excellent and often unique facilities of the NVRI research enterprise.
- Interact and collaborate with leading scientists and engineers at NVRI research laboratories.
About the Internship Opportunity
As an intern, you will gain hands-on scientific research or technical experience by participating in structured projects guided by a mentor.
Benefits include stipend, housing and travel allowance.
A background in a number of science disciplines prepares you for our internship program, this includes:
- Veterinary Medicine
The Application Process
Applications for awards are reviewed by the NEF Internship Committee and the NVRI. Detailed program information is available at the NEF web site: http://www.nef3.org
How to Apply
Visit the NEF web site at http://www.nef3.org and download the application form. Follow the application instructions carefully. Your application package must include the following:
- Application form (downloadable from the NEF web site in PDF format).
- Curriculum vita or resume.
- A brief essay on what you expect to gain from the internship.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Please complete all sections of the application and submit all required materials to NEF by March 25, 2016. Completed application forms and supporting documents should be submitted electronically (with subject heading: 2016 Internship – Candidate name, example: 2016 Internship – John Doe) to: firstname.lastname@example.org