This post will benefit both farmers and consumers of cucumber. Let's dig into how cucumber helps your health as a person:
Cucumber (Cucumis sativus), is a creeping plant that bears cylindrical fruits. Cucumbers are excellent source of vitamin K, molybdenum, pantothenic acid and also a good source of copper, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, phosphorus, magnesium, biotin, and vitamin B1. They also contain the important mineral silica that promotes health.
Cucumbers are low in calories but they possess high nutritional value.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
- Cucumber contains vitamin C which serves as one of the antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals and damaged cells
- Vitamin K, assist in building bones, as well as other tissues of the body
- It helps maintain high blood pressure
- Protect the brain
- Reduce the risk of cancer
- It fights inflammation
- Support the digestive system
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Keeps you hydrated
- It washes out toxins
- Reduces bad cholesterol.
image source: www.wikipedia.com
This post was originally published at Agric Arena and has been republished with permission.